Tom Gore Vineyards wines are a work of passion from second-generation Sonoma County grape farmer Tom Gore. Here, some delicious recipes to pair with a bottle of wine.
First, some wine tasting notes:
Tom Gore Vineyards Chardonnay, California
Light gold in the glass, Tom Gore Vineyards’ Chardonnay is bursting with the intense aromas of ripe apple and tropical fruit, balanced with notes of toffee and a hint of appealing, toasty oak.
Tom Gore Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, California
This dark, ruby red wine boasts a bevy of red fruit aromas, with plum, cherry and currant notes mingling on the nose, giving way to complex layers of mocha and coffee on the palate.
Tom Gore Vineyards Field Blend, Alexander Valley
Pouring inky black with a ruby red edge, this complex red blend is comprised of Petit Verdot, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo from one of Tom’s favourite vineyard blocks in Alexander Valley.
Creamy Seafood Chowder
2 Pounds halibut; skin discarded and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Dozen clams; rinsed
2 Pounds rock shrimp; cleaned
2 Stalks celery; diced
2 Leeks; tops discarded; white part diced
6 Cloves garlic; minced
2 Sprigs fresh garlic; chopped
1 Pound fingerling potatoes; blanched and diced
1 Cup Tom Gore Vineyards Chardonnay
4 Cups fish stock
2 Cups heavy cream
1/4 Cup butter
1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Meyer lemon; juiced
4 Sprigs fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, on low heat, sweat leeks in butter until translucent. Add celery and cook until soft. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute then evenly incorporate flour. Raise heat to medium and cook for 3 more minutes; constantly stirring.
2. Whisk in wine and cook for 1 minute then whisk in the fish stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and whisk in the heavy cream.
3. Add the rock shrimp; once they are half way cooked through, add the halibut and clams.
4. Once all the seafood is completely cooked, add the fingerling potatoes.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Grilled Fingerlings and Cabernet Ketchup
For Cabernet ketchup
1 Red onion; chopped
2 Cloves garlic; chopped
1 Tablespoon ginger; grated
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 Pounds tomatoes; peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 Cups water
1/4 Cup light brown sugar
1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
1/2 Cup Tom Gore Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
1 Tablespoon coriander seed; toasted
1 Tablespoon fennel seed; toasted
1 Tablespoon celery seed; toasted
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tablespoon celery salt
2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
Salt to taste
For fingerling potatoes
2 Pounds fingerling potatoes
1/4 Cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese; grated
Salt to taste
1. In a large heavy bottomed sauce pan, on low heat, sweat onion, garlic, and ginger with the olive oil until onion is soft and translucent.
2. Meanwhile, make a bouquet garni, with the coriander seed, fennel seed, celery seed, and clove.
3. Turn heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Reduce by half. Remove from heat.
4. Place mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Pass through a sieve into a new pot with the bouquet garni, sugar, wine, and vinegar. Add remaining spices. Simmer until it thickens and reaches the consistency of ketchup.
5. Remove from heat and remove and discard the bouquet garni. Allow to cool.
6. For potatoes, cut each potato in half length-wise and toss in the olive oil, salt, and paprika.
7. On medium heat, place cut side down onto grill. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until cook through. Remove from heat.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with chilled ketchup
Cabernet Sauvignon & Green Garlic Marinated Lamb Chops with Mint Chimicurri
1 Dozen individual lamb chops
Salt and pepper
1 Cup Tom Gore Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/4 Cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons spicy Dijon mustard
1/4 Cup onions; chopped
1/4 Cup green garlic; chopped
2 Sprigs fresh thyme
1 Teaspoon black pepper
For mint chimicurri
1/4 Cup green garlic; finely minced
3 Tablespoons capers; finely minced
5 Anchovies; finely minced
1 Shallot; finely minced
1 Cup fresh parsley; finely chopped
1/2 Cup fresh mint; finely chopped
1/2 Cup fresh oregano; finely chopped
1/4 Cup fresh tarragon; finely chopped
1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
1/3 Cup red wine vinegar
1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Teaspoons black pepper
1 Teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine all marinade ingredients together and cover lamb chops. Refrigerate and let marinade for 12 hours.
2. Remove chops from marinade and sprinkle with salt.
3. Grill over high heat. About 2 minutes on each side. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
4. For chimichurri, combine all ingredients together and serve at room temperature. Drizzle over lamb and serve.